THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, August 6, 2022

I'm Baaaack......


 We had a great time bringing four generations together to meet our newest family member. Rich and I drove to Baltimore last Friday to get my parents and Jess drove up from NC with the baby. The  local family descended on us Friday night and the baby passing began in earnest. He was so agreeable to all the attention...and he got plenty of it!!! He even slept through the night for the first time that evening and has continued, so his parents are happy. Everyone went home Tuesday and we've been taking it easy since. Our return trip to Baltimore was a 7 1/2 hour round trip, which you wouldn't think would exhaust you, since you're just sitting in a car, but it does!!! Here are a few photos:




 No stitching was done while our company was here but I have been working on a couple things. I can't show one because it's an exchange item for the fall. I started what I think will be Jax's first Christmas ornament....Santa Arrives Tonight by Homespun Elegance. I changed the fabric to a dark blue to look like the night sky, but stayed with the called for DMC.


 I said I'd share my August Summer Camp project and it is Antique Cups and Spoons by Shakespeare's Peddler. The challenge was to stitch something "new" to you. I have never stitched one of Theresa's designs and I'm using, new to me, Dinky Dye silks. I'm not sure I'm going to stick to one color or use a few browns. 


 As for the Nurge hoops.....I don't find they hold fabric any tighter than a round hoop but I LOVE the shape...the rounded square edges "fit" designs much better. 

Well, it's good to be back...thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful visit with the newest member. The older grands are looking so grown up. How did that happen? LOL The ornament you picked for Jax is looking good. Great choice for your August camp project! Have a wonderful weekend, Stasi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful photograph of all the grands with their greatgrandparents! I like Jax's ornament. It is SO hot up here! By you also??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time was had passing Jax aroun, he's too cute!
    Great projects.
    Thanks for the review on the Nurge hoop.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that photo of your parents with all of their great-grandchildren! They look very healthy and in great shape for their 90s, Stasi! You are blessed to still have them. So glad the whole family could be together to meet the newest member ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stasi, how special to be able to get everyone together and welcome the newest member of the family. He certainly looks comfortable in your arms.

    I love your change of fabric on Santa Arrives Tonight, it’s perfect. I find it difficult stitching on darker fabric, since having a detached retina 10 years ago, so I tend to avoid it when I can.
    Happy Stitching
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete