THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Couldn't Resist a New Start......


 Wow...the last day of August...where has the summer gone??? I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday and they were packed with fall/autumn decorations and putting out Christmas. Fall is my favorite time of year; it re-energizes me after the dog days of summer. I'm ready to pull out my jeans, socks and sweaters! Oh wait, I live in Richmond now...it'll be a while longer before I can do that!!!

So, all the fall colors at Hobby Lobby yesterday prompted me to start this new project, Got You Cornered by Amy Mitten. Here you can see why:




This is gong to take concentration...some of the back stitching is over three and I need my vertical thread!!! So I count and recount.

Tomorrow is the first day of Hands on Design's Costume Party SAL. Anybody else joining in? It's a mystery SAL so we will see the first part of the design tomorrow, followed by two more sections on the 3rd and 5th and then a finishing tutorial on the 7th. I did not buy all the accoutrements ahead of time; I think I have a piece of fabric that will work in my stash and will wait to decide how to finish after I complete the stitching. I did make the floss drops that Kelly provided the images for and a Halloween themed project bag  (check out my post on August 8th).

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted thtreads" of friendship!

Stasi

4 comments:

  1. Your Amy Mitten start looks super, Stasi. I really like the colors on the thread card. Nope, I didn't sign up for the HOD costume party sal. I look forward to seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting something new is always exciting and the project you chose is perfect!
    I look forward to your progress. Enjoy the journey !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That;s going to be a cute project.
    I did not join the SAL.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete