THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, August 27, 2022

The Year of Turning 70............


 Today is my hubby, Rich's 70th birthday.....I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this.....and I'm not too far behind!!! We've been together over 50 years, been married 48 and I can't think of anyone I'd rather have traveled all these years with. He is my rock...and I'll leave it at that or I'll get all mushy. Happy Birthday Babe and many more!!! (Darn, I am missing my birthday tag for the calendar...lent it to a friend to try to figure out the size for one she wants to make)

On the stitching front, I worked on Harriett a bit more last night. And this is what I worked on during two stitch-ins recently.....Honeybees and Blooms  by Honeycomb and Threads. It's stitched on 36 ct. Maritime White by Lakeside with GAST. There are two because one will be a drum and one will be a pinwheel.

 

I have two stitching opportunities today...the DVHSG stitch-in this morning and a class with the OCSG this afternoon. That should be interesting since the project is a little out of my wheelhouse. The teacher is Jessie Chorley, from England, who does fun embroidery projects along the lines of a funky crazy quilt. You can check her out here: Jessie Chorley  You gotta love Zoom.....I can take a class through a group in CA from a teacher across the pond...all in different time zones

I hope you have a nice weekend as summer wanes down. Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi 

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a full -on day Stasi, I'm sure it will be fun! Oh, and Happy Birthday to your other half. I'm going to be 65 in a couple of weeks and will be getting my state pension....I can't quite get my head around officially being an OAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Rich! Your bee pieces look super, Stasi. Enjoy your stitch-ins today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your hubby.
    I also turn 70 this year!
    Where did the time go?
    Sounds like you are having a busy, fun day!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid 70 is going to get to me, too, Stasi, and I still have 2 1/2 years to go. It just seems so much older than 60!

    ReplyDelete