THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Sunday, August 14, 2022

A Sweet New Start........662

I had a great stitchy day yesterday, but not much actual stitching was accomplished. I did stitch through the DVHSG meeting, as we had the same class with my local Guild back in April. But, as usual, I always pick up a new tidbit/hint or two. I'm so happy they are continuing the Zoom format so we away members can attend.

This was the class....Needlebook Collage  by Erica Michaels. I forgot to post about it because it was when Jax came into our lives and I was a bit distracted! :) It's a mixed media piece where you stitch a tiny piece on 40 ct. silk gauze that says "needles". Then you do a little hodge podge of scrap booking, using bits and bobs of ribbon, buttons, paper, fabric, charms etc.. It's a great introduction to silk gauze. Here are two of my versions:



 



 In the afternoon, I met in person with the RVA Stitchers. We meet at a local Panera and stitch a couple hours together. I started Honeybees and Blooms Pinwheel by Honeycomb and Threads. It was a kit offered at the Prim Stitcher's Retreat a couple years ago. I don't usually get much done, as there is a lot of chatting and sharing...always a fun time.



Today, we're off to Fredericksburg, VA to have lunch with a friend of mine and her hubby. We've been friends for 60+years so it's always a good time.

Hope you're having a nice weekend...thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

4 comments:

  1. It sounded like you had a wonderful Saturday with Zooming with the guild and then in person time with the RVA stitchers. Enjoy your lunch in Fredericksburg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are both cute projects!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love that little needle book Stasi, especially the fact it has separate pages for the different size needles. Happy Stitching! Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a piece of silk with a pattern and could never imagine stitching on it, I'm quite impressed!!! They are just charming, mixing mixed media with stitching.

    ReplyDelete