THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, August 8, 2022

Squeezed in some machine sewing and a craft project......

 

Are any of you signed/signing up for the Hands on Design Costume Party? I participated in her Cookie Exchange SAL last December and thought I'd sign up again. It's a mystery Halloween themed piece, very doable, and released over 5 days. Cathy pairs with other vendors for fabric, trim, finishing board and thread organizers. You can pick and choose what add-ons you want...or, as in my case, work from your stash. I made my own set of floss drops (designed by That's So Kelly); the images are included when you buy the chart from Cathy. I just spray glued them to a piece of comic board, cut them out, brushed on two coats of Modge Podge, punched holes and volia....adorable floss drops!!!

 

I also decided to pull out the old sewing machine and make a Halloween project bag. Found the fabric at JoAnn's....but I was in for some sticker shock...$16.99 a yard!!!! I wish I had had some Halloween fabric in my stash!!!
 

If you're interested in the SAL, you can find the info here: Hands on Design

On the stitching front, I got another tea cup and spoon done while watching Avatar with my granddaughter.


 Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. Cute thread drops and bag you created, Stasi! While I think some Halloween designs are adorable, I don't really stitch Halloween. Can't wait to see this project as you stitch along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or now, in all my years of stitching, I’ve not stitched one single Halloween chart.
    I do love your floss drops though and that bag is just fabulous!

    Happy Stitching
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. Would you please send me your e-mail so I can respond to your kind comments? Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Love that bag, & the floss drops are too darn cute!
    Fabric has gone up so much the past few years.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your floss drops are adorable, Stasi! I haven't been shopping for fabric since before Covid began so thanks for the warning! That is really high! Love the cute bag :)

    ReplyDelete