THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

A Little Bit Country.......


 This post is not about stitching so, if you want to pass 'er by today, it's okay.

I am not usually a 'complainer' (except about hot weather)  but yesterday's outing was a little disappointing. We left early to drive to Charlottesville for our concert because we heard there were lots of cute shops and restaurants. What we found was that most were closed!!! So we wandered, found a spot for a bit that had a little breeze and waited for a restaurant to open at 5:00. After we ate we headed to the outdoor venue and waited to get in. It was hot, seats were close and were basically folding chairs......darn I'm sounding like an OLD lady!!!! There was a local opener, who was very good, then my girl, Mary Chapin-Carpenter, came on.  She played a 90 minute set that was great!!! But, it was still hot and sticky, even at 9:00PM! We took advantage of intermission to find something to drink and found my savior! 

 

 Whatever these bottles are made of holds the "cold" for a loooong time. I could drink and roll it over my face and arms to cool down...... I know...a little goofy....but it worked! Worth every penny at $3.50 a bottle!!! Now I KNOW I'm sounding old!

Anyhow, we made it through less than half of Emmy Lou Harris and decided to call it a night...still had a bit of a drive home and Rich had not been able to confirm if he had jury duty today, or not. 

That is all!!!  Hope to be back with some stitchy news! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

3 comments:

  1. I am chuckling about your old lady comment. Sorry most of the shops/restaurants were closed. I wouldn't have been thrilled about sitting on a folding chair outside for a concert. Because hot and humid! Glad Mary Chapin-Carpenter went first so you could hear her whole set. Interesting bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it was so hot.
    Glad you got to see most of the concert though.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an old lady right there with you--the older I get, the more the heat and humidity bother me :) So glad you enjoyed the concert, though!

    ReplyDelete