THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

A Busy Finishing Day......663-665


 Yesterday was quiet and rainy, a perfect day to hit the finishing pile. I'm going to get right to it and share the finishes.

First Queen of the Needle by Hands on Design. This was a kit that included the 18 ct. perforated paper, black floss, charm, ribbon, felt and backing card stock....didn't need to add a thing except needles. Cathy gave you a choice of 'titles'...queen, lady, lord, boss and I went with Lady. I think this may only be available on Cathy's web site.



Next up is my August project for Summer Stitch Camp with the Colorado Stitcher. We had to choose something to stitch that was new to us. I chose this chart, Antique Cups and Spoons by Shakespeare's Peddler since I had never stitched one of her designs. It's done on a 32 ct mystery linen over two, but wouldn't this be adorable over one? I also used a new to me fiber, Gumnuts #969, and finished like the original piece.



 Last, but not least, is the first Christmas ornament for our newest grandson. It's Santa Arrives Tonight  by Homespun Elegance, stitched on 30 ct. Friendship Blue by R&R with the called for fibers. I went with the ric-rac around the edge.....thanks Robin and Marilyn!



 Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. What an awesome trio of finishes, Stasi! I love Jax's first ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these...great finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finishes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rainy weather makes for a perfect finishing day and these are all so cute, Stasi! I know Jax's parents will love putting his ornament on their Christmas tree each year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 finishes in a day!! Impressive! 3 posts 3 days in a row too!! Saw these on instagram and they are all perfect!! So glad you have a new baby in the family to stitch for!

    ReplyDelete