THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, August 13, 2022

Join Me for a Cuppa......


 I finished the stitching on Antique Cups and Spoons by Shakespeare's Peddler. It's stitched on a 32 ct. 'mystery' linen with Gumnuts silk # 969. I kind of wish I had done it over one; I think it would look precious tiny. As is, I will finish it into a small pillow similar to the designer's original piece.

 

After finishing the previous piece I pulled out The Sweet Shop by Living on the Rainbow and put some stitches in on it. It's just the portion I'm working on shown, as I can't photograph the whole piece without taking off the scroll rod.


 I have a busy day today....meeting with the DVHSG in the AM and RVA Stitchers in the PM. I love getting together with my fellow needlework devotees and look forward to the gatherings. Charging my Halo lamp as we speak!!!

As an aside, Have any of you watched Peaky Blinders on Netflix? My hubby has been watching it 'in the background' and I was ignoring at first, since it's so violent. But boy, I got sucked in and started to pay attention. It was a wild ride but has ended...at least for now....there are rumors of a movie coming...we shall see as it ended a bit up in the air.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship.

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. Teacups and Spoons is a darling finish. I stitched it a few years ago for a friend and had it framed. The Sweet Shop is looking good. It sounds like a good day with gathering online and in person with fellow stitchers. Enjoy your Saturday and weekend, Stasi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finished piece is so sweet Stasi, it will be cute as a pillow.
    I envy you being able to get together with other stitchers. None of my friends or family stitch and I don’t know of anyone local, so I stitch alone……..mind you, I got lots done because I don’t get distracted with chatter, lol!
    As for Peaky Blinders, I did start to watch the first episode when it came on the TV here, but it was too violent for my liking and I didn’t watch any more. Maybe I should revisit it.
    Enjoy your weekend and Happy Stitching!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teacups will make a cute pillow.
    Sweet Shop is too cute!
    Never heard of that Netflix series, they do have some good ones though.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the teacups!! Your pillow did come out great. My nieces husband recommended that show and I saw it once, like you I'm not a fan of violence. I should try it again, I watched Ozark when I was in bed for 2 week with floaters, it distracted me but that was about as violent as I can stand.

    ReplyDelete