THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, July 16, 2022

Summer Breeze Makes Me Feel Fine......660

 

Welcome to the halfway point of July and another hot, humid summer day! But today I have a 'breeze" blowing through......Summer Breeze ......a freebie from Hands on Design. Stitched on a 32 ct mystery linen with GAST and WDW threads. I substituted out the red and dark blue for colors I had on hand. I finished it as a box cushion in a beach chair I found at the Christmas Tree Shop; it says it is a 5" napkin holder. Haven't made a box pillow in quite some time, but I muddled through. It's not the neatest on the bottom, so I....GASP...glued it in place. I added the bow and mermaid at the bottom to cover up where the trim met. It unraveled very easily and I couldn't get it to stay put. Always a way to improvise!!! The flip flop came with the chair!

I got the week's section on my iStitch SAL done and can now get back to work on Harriet...unless something else catches my eye!!! I do tend to be easily distracted!!!!
 


Stay cool and thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Great finish! Will stitch this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer Breeze looks so good, Stasi. Is there a Christmas Tree Shop nearby or do you have to go to Williamsburg or elsewhere? Well done on getting this week's section stitched in the iStitch SAL. Enjoy your Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the way you cushioned the beach chair... what a great idea for what might have been just a napkin holder....

    ReplyDelete