THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, July 7, 2022

Couldn't Wait to Share.... 656-657

 

I am tickled to say that I managed to get both my ornaments finished yesterday, and I am so happy with how they turned out.

First up is the 1990 Santa by Prairie Schooler. I stitched him on 40 ct Sand Dune, over one with the called for DMC. I did leave off the border and the birds that were on the heads of the lower critters. Easy-peasy finish...just put some iron on interfacing on the back of the stitching, cut to size and popped in the frame. I get these frames from Michaels and love to check them out every year. They usually have a "year" charm, sometimes hanging loose and sometimes embossed on the frame. Luckily, this was a hanging charm and I could take it off, as it was from 2021. The size of the frame is 2 1/4 X 3.


 Up next is the sweet stocking from Flora McSample's 2013 Stockings by Lizzie Kate. This was stitched on 30 ct WDW Straw, over two, with Vicki Clayton Silks. The cute little charm was found after Christmas last year at JoAnn's. Hildi Jo has some adorable seasonal charms and jewelry that can work as charms.  I had the backing fabric in my stash and it worked perfectly because of the pink stars.



 Now if the weather would be more Christmas-like!!! 

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

7 comments:

  1. Both are beauties, Stasi! I should look for those frames the next time I get to Michaels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so wonderful Stasi!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are great, but that beautiful stocking is a stunner....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa is perfect in that frame, & the stocking turned out so cute.
    I also have gotten some Hildi Jo products, they are so pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! And inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of these, but the tiny size of the Santa certainly captures my heart!

    ReplyDelete