THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Kindred Spirits.....


 Had a fun day yesterday with mt friend, Lisa. We hit Chadwick's up first thing! The store is sadly going to close and this was my first time there. Lots and lots of fun fabrics but most very bright and colorful. There were no civil war type fabrics and calicos.They were having a 20% off sale.....I see some new project bags in my future!!! Starting today, they are offering 25% off...I may have to return at some point.


After our shopping, we headed home for some stitchy time. I am working on a freebie from Hands on Design called Summer Breeze. I'm stitching it on a 32 ct mystery linen with GAST and WDW. I had to substitute two colors with similar ones I had on hand.

This will be finished as a cushion for this adorable napkin holder I found at the Christmas Tree shop a couple years ago.

My friend gifted me these fun wooden boards that she found at Aldi...who would have thought!!! They'll be great for some finishing ideas!


 That's it for now...thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

3 comments:

  1. It sounded like you had a good outing with your friend. What a wonderful assortment of fabrics that came home with you! It looks like there is one with squirrels. Any information on it? Great looking wooden paddles you were gifted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute fabrics, love the buttons.
    Cute summer project.
    I think I need to go to Aldi's! :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see a trip to Aldi's is in my future! How big are those little paddles, Stasi? You got some nice new fabrics--we have no local fabric stores around here, sadly. I think there may be some in a quilting store, but I still need to go check!

    ReplyDelete