THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Happy Birthday Gigi!

 

Today would have been my grandmother's 127th birthday. She did live a long life making it to 99 3/4 years old. This grandmother lived with us while I was growing up and contributed to my love of reading. She always had a book going and once I was old enough to drive, it was my responsibility to take her to the library. A funny story I may have told before.... after she read Myra Breckenridge, she wrapped it in a brown paper bag to throw out...she didn't want anyone to know she had read it!!! LOL

We went to or final play in the Broadway series that had been rescheduled from 2020, The Bands Visit .  It was a cute premise but oh so slow..... No intermission..just 95 minutes straight through. We are debating doing this again...the seats are so close even my legs butt up against the row in front of me. Poor Rich who is 6'1" barely fits. Sitting immobile for 90 minutes is getting tougher! But, I LOVE going to see the plays, especially musicals.

I finished the pin cube for the Jeanette Douglas piece yesterday. Now to put it all together.

 

I may not post over the next few days as I enjoy time with family, especially Jax!!! :)

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship.

Stasi
 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely pin cube finish, Stasi! The play sounded good; the seating not so much. Enjoy the time spent with your family especially Jax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Stasi: I do not go to plays any longer, my legs are short and its still uncomfortable for me, I have claustrophobia and close seats do not work for me.
    Have fun with your family.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother's both would have been 127 this year, too, Marly! Yours sounds like a lot of fun to me : Those theater seats do not sound like fun! I can't even deal with airplane seats and I'm not quite 5'1"! I don't know how tall folks like your husband manage at all. Have a great time with baby Jax! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday in Heaven to your Grandmother.
    Funny story about her!
    Sorry our seats were such a bummer.
    Have fun with baby Jax! :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could never sit that long in a small seat!! I get too antsy. I"m sure you had an enjoyable time with Jax!!

    ReplyDelete