THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, July 18, 2022

Icy Sweet.........


 I was finally able to round up three of my four local grandkids and take them out for an end of the school year treat....over a month late!!! They have busy little lives and we had been away a lot....but oh it was worth the wait! I had heard of a new place in town called the Vampire Penguin; they serve what I'd call upscale shaved ice. You choose your base ice out of flavors such as chocolate, vanilla, mango, banana, etc, then add toppings. They were beautiful to look at and delicious to eat. I told myself there aren't many calories as it's mainly frozen water....Yea, right!!! But wait, I checked out what I ordered...a small Dulce de Leches and it says it's only 170 calories!!! It does take a bit to prepare your dessert, so games are provided to pass the time. We will be going back!!!



My Dulce de Leches consisted of vanilla ice, with caramel on top, sides of whipped cream and flan (that's what's up near the Uno card). I opted out of the sliced bananas.

Now some stitching....I needed a break from Harriett, so pulled out My Stitching Box by Jeanette Douglas. I only had the flowers on the basket to do and start the border. It goes pretty fast and I love the variegated color, Blue Grass, from Glorianna. 



That's it for today...hope you have a great week...thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty thread you are stitching with on the Stitching Box piece, Stasi! It looked like you had an incredible time at the Vampire Penguin. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stasi this stitching project is very pretty, but I cannot believe HOW MUCH JAMES AND ESTHER HAVE GROWN!! wOw!!!! They do not look to be children anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stasi: Your Grandchildren are adorable, and look like they are having a great time, of course any ice-cream or shaved ice is the best when spent eating with Grandmother.
    Nice progress on your stitching, I love this design from Jeanette.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a fun place the Vampire Penguin (what a name!) looks like, Stasi. I love spots like that that offer both food and games. Everything looks so tasty. Your grandkids sure are growing up fast--are they taller than you yet?

    Lovely thread for your Stitching Box. I bet you'll have this finished in no time. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours in My Stitching Box, I shall have to check that out. Your dessert looks divine, I'm assuming that was a caramel sauce on top, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun place.
    Stitching Box is beautiful.
    Marilym

    ReplyDelete