THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, July 8, 2022

Hot Days Stitching.....

 

It's been steamy hot here..perfect stitching weather!!! I finished up the stitching on two projects yesterday...one on going and one a quick catch up for a SAL. The first is Spirit of Christmas Angel by Brooke's Books. This was a car project started back in March since it's on perforated paper. I used the called for DMC fibers but substituted the metallics with sizes/colors I had on hand. I'm always nervous when it comes to cutting these out and I've never stitched one this big with all the add ons. I think I have the perfect pair of scissors and will hope for the best...patience is not always my forte!!!


 And, I am now caught up with the #12in22ornamentSAL..this being my May contribution. I have had this chart since 2000, but always on the back burner. There is something about its simplicity that I loved. Here is Hope, Love and Joy by Samsarah. It's stitched on a mystery linen with the called for GAST. The button is from JABCO; I thought the word appropriate for today and moving forward.

 This is my protector for the week...we are dog sitting our Grand Pup Luke. He plops himself down next to me wherever I am sitting...such a sweet dog!


Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi
 

6 comments:

  1. Both of your finishes look super, Stasi. Look forward to seeing them both in finished form. Luke is a handsome boy. Bet he doesn't like the heat or steaminess either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I would be nervous about the cutting part, too, Stasi! But, if anyone can do it, you can :) Congratulations on being caught up with the ornament SAL... I need to get going on my July one. Have fun with Luke this week and try to stay cool. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Brooks Books. I did the Spirit of Embroidery last year. It is beautiful. Don't worry about the cutting. It will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Spirit of Christmas Angel is going to be wonderful! Luke is a great pal I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your cutting, it makes me nervous too, even though I've only done smalls.
    Luke looks so comfy!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fingers crossed on the cutting. Looking forward to seeing your finish.

    ReplyDelete