THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, July 22, 2022

I promised Photos......


 .....and here they are!!! We drove to Captain Billy's,  just across the Potomac River from Virginia into Maryland. Steamed crabs, shrimp and hush puppies ensued. Yes, that is a burger in the back, as by brother doesn't care for the crabs. It's about a 2 hour drive, but my hubby has fond memories of going to this place as a child and we've started a tradition of going each summer around our anniversary.



I started a new car project on the way up, a Mill Hill perforated paper Christmas ornament called Peace on Earth. It's two sided and might become one of the grandkids ornaments for 2022. It's mall, less then 3 X 3".


 Check out this sweet little project bag my friend, Lisa, made me. The fabric is so cute and the top "snaps' shut. There is part of a metal measuring tape in the casing at the top that allows this to happen...very clever. My little kit fits perfectly inside and the popsicles can keep it cool during this heat wave! :)


 

Please stay cool and hydrated my friends! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. What a nice stop you had! That is a sweet ornament. Stasi, you did not show the picture of the project bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A restaurant here used to provide them each Summer, but no more.. Miss
    that memory of the East coast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a nice dinner to celebrate your anniversary, Stasi. I'm right there with your brother. Seafood is not my thing and I honestly think I'm allergic to shellfish so I don't even taste it any longer. Love your snap bag. I made a tiny one just to try out the measuring tape idea and it it really fun! May have to make a larger project bag size. Stay cool down there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling popsicle bag! Great start on your new car project, Stasi! Thank you for sharing the pictures of your meal out. The crabs and shrimp look incredible. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I love just about any kind of seafood, so I would thoroughly enjoy your meal!! Worth a 2 hour drive and a nice way to celebrate an anniversary. Such a cute project bag!!!

    ReplyDelete