THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Sunday, July 17, 2022

I'm Seeing Red.....

 

Harriett came out to play a little bit last night. I'm stitching her with AVAS 100/3 #2646 over two on 40 ct. cream Newcastle linen. I like working with the 100/3 until I get down to the last 8" or so, then it seems to keep twisting.


 I made a little trip to Scrap RVA, our local art/craft supply 'thrift' store. People donate their old, unused, don't need anymore craft supplies and we can go buy them at a good price. It's a crap shoot what you'll find but I have gotten needlepoint canvases, wool roving, sewing machine for granddaughters, etc. there. Here is what I got yesterday...not a boon, but always fun hunting.

 

Can't wait to see what the book entails!!!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi
 

5 comments:

  1. Your Red sampler is coming along beautifully Stasi.
    I love your thrift finds. When I visit our charity/thrift shops over here, there never seems to be anything stitch related and I just end up coming out with more books, which incidentally never get read because I would much rather be stitching, lol. Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harriet is looking good. What a good assortment of goodies you found at Scrap RVA! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harriet is growing nicely, Stasi! I've never been to a second-hand craft place like that, but we do have one down in the city (which I am too scared to drive down into by myself :). Looks like you got a few goodies! I remember that book from when I worked at the library--I'm sure you'll find a few helpful hints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stasi, did you know theres Scrap Bmore, near the stadia in south Baltimore? And Resource Exchange in Philly, which is not as good as Scrap Bmore but still fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harriet is so pretty, love that color of floss.
    Great stash finds!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete