THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, July 23, 2022

Laundry out the Yahoo.....


 Our laundry has been piling up due to a broken switch on our dryer. We've been waiting a week for the part to come in; I'm lucky to have a mechanical engineer as a SIL and between him and Rich, they could fix it without having to call a repairman. The part came just in the knick of time as the 'undie' supply was running a tad low!!!! :) So today will be spent tackling the mound while squeezing in a virtual stitch in with the DVHSG. 

I started the scissor case for my Jeanette Douglas piece last night while watching the Gray Man on Netflix. It was a little over the top, but a good backdrop. This is the front of the case. Buttons will go in the rectangle at the top. The back will have a flame stitch in that section.


Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship! And stay cool!!!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. Hi Stasi: You have made great progress; I love this set from Jeanette Douglas.
    Stitchville USA did this class project with Jeanette in 2017, Jeanette is such a sweet and gentle lady.
    So happy to hear you got the part, no undies oh my giggles.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so nice to be married to a handy guy and have a handy son-in-law! My husband is good with fixing stuff, too, and just fixed our cooktop igniter. Who knows how much it would have cost to have a repairman come in! What a pretty start to your new scissor case, Stasi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get unburied form your laundry soon.
    Cute project.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the chuckle, Stasi! Hope the dryer is working well now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOur fortunate to have a handy husband and SIL. My oven has not worked since Christmas, they are having a difficult time getting the part. I'm about ready to give up but it was a very expensive oven and I thought it would last a lifetime. Ugh...

    ReplyDelete