THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, July 21, 2022

A Good Movie......


We did make it to the movies yesterday to see Where the Crawdads Sing and it was great. I did not read the book, but hubby had. He said it did veer from the book a bit, so I am waiting anxiously for my hold at the library to hit so I can compare. 

Today we're getting together with my brother and his wife, just over the Maryland border, for some steamed crabs. It's about halfway between our houses and works great for a meeting spot.  We usually eat out on the porch overlooking the Potomac River, but with temps in the mid 90's today, we may switch to inside.....pics to follow tomorrow.

I did manage to get some stitches in last night while we watched  Under the Banner of Heaven...the jury is still out on that! I finished the needlebook and one side of the scissor fob for the Jeanette Douglas piece.

 Off to Planet Fitness for a walk on the treadmill. Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi
 

5 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the movie! Haven't read the book yet! Your stitching progress looks great, Stasi. I walked the treadmill already in the basement of Chez Brown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stasi: My mouth is watering, steamed crab one of my two favorite meals.
    Its always fun to get together, especially now that the lockdowns are gone.
    Beautiful stitching.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked the movie.
    Mmmmm, steamed Crab sounds delicious.
    Cute project.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly enjoyed the book so it will be interesting to see what the movie is like. Glad you enjoyed it! We watched Under the Banner of Heaven and now I want to read that book.... Kind of shocking and I'm not sure how accurate some of it was. I do think Andrew Garfield is an excellent actor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Where the Crawdads sing, I couldn't even finish the Banner of Heaven, I like Jon Krakour's writing but that was too much for me!! I didn't know either was a movie though!!

    ReplyDelete