THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Finally a Wordplay Finish....670-681

 

I have pondered long and hard over how I wanted to finish the Wordplay series by With Thy Needle and Thread. I knew I wanted to be able to change them out monthly with no fuss and keep on the small/simple side. I finally found a frame at JoAnn's, awhile ago, that would work size-wise. I painted the frame red and stained the hanger. Then I started to stretch and lace the pieces. As always happens, they are never a perfect fit; I had a little bit of space showing, which bothered me. So I started the hunt for a trim that would fit, not be too overwhelming,  not be too time consuming to add to 12 different pieces (I'm so over these by now) .... and I liked the look of. I tried chenille, ric-rac, various ribbons etc. Then I tried this trim I had in my stash and glued it to the inside edge of the frame so you only see the white rope-like part. I can pop the pieces in and out.....it's a tight fit but doable. Voila!!!

 

Now to stretch and lace the other 10 pieces......
 


I got a little more done of the stocking.


 Off to watch granddaughter in her first cross country competition this afternoon...not sure how that's going to work as they run through the woods on a path...I guess we just wait at the finish line---will see!!!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. I like your Word Play finish, Stasi. How was the cross country meet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice finishing piece Stasi. I hope your granddaughter does well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Word Play finish is so cute, Stasi--and that's so wise to have a frame to be able to use for all. I began the series, but only stitched January, February and April. All are made into little pillows as I stitched them over one. I really need to get back to them. Hope your granddaughter enjoys her meet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Stasi: I like the frame and trim; the hanging beaded rope is perfect.
    I am looking forward to seeing each month changed out.
    Nice start on the stocking.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a cute finish for all of them.
    Hope Granddaughter does well/
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete