THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, September 10, 2022

Back Home......

 

........after a wonderful three days in OCMD at my happy place......

This is the back of a tee shirt I treated myself to
 

The weather wasn't the best for the beach but I always say 'any day at the beach is a beautiful day'....as evidenced by this shot of the beach at breakfast one morning.
 

 

Our original plan was to relax on the beach for two days then I had class on the third and hubby would hang on the beach. The first two days were windy and rainy but Rich did manage a bit sitting down by the waves ( he was the only person there). Luckily, class day shaped up very nicely for him...sunny and clear!

 

The rainy weather allowed me to spend more time with some dear friends and get some shopping done in Salty Yarns.

Here are photos of my purchases..... luckily we got a discount from the shop for taking a class!


I love four seasonal designs and had never seen these by Just Nan.

JCS ornament  issue, fabric for Jax's stocking and more thread for Harriett Salt

Misc charts
 

 Class day was Thursday with Jackie du Plessis. I have been anxiously waiting for this class since she first posted a 'teaser' in 2019. It includes the "doily" you see pictured with a lovely four seasonal theme (got me again) and a small needle/pin roll that will fit in the box.


But the Va-va-va voom piece is this precious little box (approx. 2 1/2 X 1 1/2 inches) with the scrimshaw insert!!! Be still my heart!!!


 There will be the other three seasons to follow and I will be waiting with bated breath!!!

I always come away with something new to me from these classes. One things was method of doing a hem stitch I had never seen.  I have always worked left to right, but Jackie did her version right to left and I loved it! It's so sweet and delicate! I hope I'll remember it when the time comes!!!


 I also think I may FINALLY have the spider trellis stitch down...it's not perfect but it's the best I've ever done...except for that upper left corner!!!


 We received fabulous goodie bag full of finishing aids..we are always so very spoiled at Salty!!!


 I always am sad to leave my 'home away from home' but I will be back in a few weeks for the DVHSG retreat and Jamboree.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like another wonderful retreat, Stasi. It's always nice to get away for a few days--especially near the water. Love the charts you found and your class projects look very interesting. I have never tried hemstitching or the spider trellis stitch before, but yours look wonderful. Glad you will be returning to Ocean City soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...any day at the beach is a beautiful day. Will have to check out the Just Nan charts, so very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects.
    And that scrimshaw box! *swoon*.
    Glad you had a fun time despite the weather.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Stasi what a fabulous time we had! Lots of memories and beautiful stitching projects to keep us busy. Happy stitching my Friend 🧚‍♀️♥️
    Love, Paola

    ReplyDelete