THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, September 12, 2022

A Couple Finishes......667-668


 I finished the Costume Party yesterday on a little display (it has an easel back) stand I found at Hobby Lobby. It was stitched on 32 ct Thunderstorm with the called for DMC. I used Lady Dot trim around the edge and added a glass bead I had on hand. The party goers , which are stitched on perforated paper will come later, as they will most likely become a car project. I did dye the paper per Cathy's suggestion and method.



Next up is the exchange piece I did and had mailed the end of August. My partner has received it, so I can now share. It is Acorns Among Us by Fern Ridge. It was a little kit, so I used what came with it. There is a beaded edge across the top and bottom.




Hope you have a great week! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Stasi: I like the board and color you chose, it makes the stitched design pop out.
    Super sweet needlebook, I really like the beads on the edges, adds a special touch.
    Have a great week

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are lovely finishes, Stasi! What a darling squirrel on the needlebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 very cute finishes.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. The needlebook is super. I love the beaded edge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure your exchange partner loves the little needlebook you stitched for her, Stasi! Such a cute squirrel :) And your Halloween finish is so cute with that glass bead. ♥

    ReplyDelete