THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Sunday, September 11, 2022

A Day We'll Never Forget.......666


 Twenty one years ago the moniker 9-1-1 took on a whole different meaning. May we reflect on that horrific day and the people who were lost...and never  forget!

                                              Image result for 911 memorial photo

I am  not a royal watcher, but was sad to hear of Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her reign began in 1952, the year I was born. I thought this montage of the queen was so sweet. She certainly brought a lot of 'color' into the world.

May be an image of 15 people and people standing

 I have a little finish today..... that was a car project...... Peace on Earth by Mill Hill....it seemed fitting for today. It was stitched on 14 ct perforated paper with supplied threads and beads. This will count for my October ornament in the #12in22ornamentstitchalong hosted by our friend, Carol, on IG.



 

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship! And do me a favor.....hug your loved ones today!!!

Stasi

6 comments:

  1. Now that is a nice "picture" of the Queen I have not run across.
    What a perfect ornament Stasi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in my classroom when the Towers were struck and having everything locked down following that. We must always remember. I am sorry about the Queen's passing. Your car project finish is adorable, Stasi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your car finish is just adorable. Are those glow in the dark beads?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at work that day, & a man came out of the office & told us what happened.
    We were all dumbfounded & said said........what?
    We couldn't believe it, it got so quiet the rest of the day that you could hear a pin drop. So very sad.
    Love the Queen's very colorful outfits.
    Cute ornament.
    Marilyn
    P.S. We were born in the same year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stasi: The Queen was an amazing Lady loved by all leaders of the world.
    September 11, 2001 was a sad day, I hope we never forget, and I hope it is taught in schools was a tragedy it was.
    Love the new ornament.
    I was born in 1951, many things have happened, and progress is amazing on many things especially the TV.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the cute ornament you made for October, Stasi! Good job for working ahead, too. I need to get going on my October ornament :)

    I've been surprisingly sad about the queen's passing... It just amazes me to think she was on the throne for 70 years--longer than I've been alive. Just think of all the changes she had seen in her lifetime! Loved the colorful collage of outfits you shared :)

    ReplyDelete