THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, December 10, 2022

Trying to Catch up......683

 

 I have been a little...or a lot...sidetracked the last month or so. When last I left you, we were heading to NC to watch our grand baby for two weeks. It was a lovely, relaxing time...nothing to do but dote on him and "eat him up"....he is a true sweetie!!! We got home and two days later drove to Baltimore to help my parents out. We spent 6 days there visiting senior living facilities, hiring a home care service and going over their finances. We left them with a lot to think about, then went home for Thanksgiving and an out of town family wedding this past weekend. We are now back in Baltimore and got my parents on a waiting list for independent living at a facility near one of my brothers. It's been a whirlwind and we still have tons to do to get their house ready for sale and downsize their "collections". :) All I ask is for you to wish me luck!!!

I have managed to squeeze in some stitching....mainly Jax's stocking. It is Reindeer Christmas Stocking by Rosewood Manor, stitched on 28 ct. White Chocolate linen with Victorian Motto Shoppe fibers. My goal was to get it stitched and finished by last weekend when I'd see my daughter in person...didn't want to put in the mail!!! Goal accomplished!!!

Here it is with his parent's stockings, which I made 6 years ago.

 I am going to try to get back into the routine of posting a little something every day as things should settle down now for a bit. It turns out I enjoyed doing the blog that way. I take thyroid medicine every morning and have to wait at least 30 minutes before I eat, so I was using that time to do a blog post.

I hope things are going well in your neck of the woods.....t
hanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

8 comments:

  1. Jax's stocking is gorgeous, Stasi. His parents' stockings are gorgeous as well. Are you taking orders? Thinking of you as you help your parents downsize and then get settled into their new home once it becomes available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a huge undertaking to help your parents in this time of life. God bless you all. How difficult this all is.
    The stockings are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to have you back Stasi. We are trying to get my 92 year old Mum into a care home, as she is needing more help with washing and dressing now and her mobility is getting much worse. We have someone coming tomorrow to assess her, so I've told her she is to be on her best behaviour and not to flirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking care of an estate is a lot of work, I wish you luck.
    Those stockings are all so gorgeous!
    And you stitched Jaxs' so fast!
    Great treasures.
    We had 4" of very heavy, wet snow the other day. UGH!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, Stasi! You've been missed :) I totally understand how overwhelming it is to move your parents into independent living having gone through this 11 years ago with my own parents. We moved them from a five bedroom 100+ year old home into a two bedroom independent living facility. Tons of work, but it was the best possible place for them as dad's dementia worsened and he left the following year for a memory care facility. Mom always felt so safe and secure in her little apartment and the staff was so helpful over the next 8 years that she spent there. I wish the same for your parents, Stasi.

    Lovely, lovely stocking(s)--true heirlooms for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy! What a beautiful stocking, they all look lovely together.
    I wonder how close they'll be to me since I'm not that far from Baltimore?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas Stasi: It is wonderful to see a post from you.
    Your stockings are wonderful.
    I bet you had a boat load of fun with that little treasure, I bet youi give the best Grandmother hugs and kisses.
    I am on thyroid medication myself.
    I hope to see more posts from you.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. My turn to play catch up now! I'm pleased that you found somewhere suitable for your parents and such a comfort that they will be near to your brother.

    Your Christmas stocking looks beautiful, as do the other two. Such a wonderful heirloom for them.
    Happy Stitching! Sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete