THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Sunday, December 18, 2022

A Finish and Some Gifts......

 

 

I received some lovely birthday and Christmas gifts from a few of my blog followers, who have become friends over the years. The first up are from Robin..some darling "bee" note cards (look close to see the embossed bees), a floss holder with some tags and a pair of beautiful stitched treasures.

 


 

Next, from Vickie, is a sweet scissor holder. And I had the perfect pair of scissors to tuck safely inside.

Last, but not least, are my gifts from Marilyn....some useful 'necessities' and a beautiful stitched ornament with the words "joy and peace", which I wish for all of us.
 

 

Thanks so much ladies, I truly appreciate you taking the time to remember me at this busy time of year and will cherish your gifts.

Now my finish.....this is what I chose to work on for the #samplercamp2022 SAL hosted by Sherri, The Colorado Stitcher. If I remember correctly, you were to either start or revisit a sampler and stitch on it from September to December, with the hope of a finish. You also had to change something up-- a color, a motif, wording etc.. I chose to work on We Live in Hope by Blackbird designs, which I had started in May, 2021. I stitched it on 36 ct. BOAF Sandpiper linen, over two with one strand (converted the called for colors to Victorian Motto Shoppe floss). I personalized this piece with info from my family history and will show the original version, then mine.


 

So, here's the poop scoop. My family tree on my paternal grandmother's side can be traced back to one of the first settlers of Maryland. My ancestor, Richard Duke, came over from England on the Ark and landed in Maryland in 1634; I knew they would have sailed up the Chesapeake Bay. Legend has it he was the assistant to Father Andrew White, who supposedly said the first Catholic Mass in the colonies. The Ark was the larger of two ships and carried the passengers. The Dove was a smaller ship and carried supplies. They named the place where they settled St. Mary's City. And there you have it!!!

A week until Christmas...busy, busy, busy!!! I hope you all don't get too caught up in the frenzy and can enjoy the beauty of the season. My fingers are crossed for snow...just a little Christmas morning and after everyone has safely arrived!!! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish..Merry Xmas ..I look forward to seeing more of your stitching in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful gifts, Stasi! I love seeing what everyone is stitching this time of year--so inspiring! And that big finish is stunning--even more so with your family history behind it. That must be so interesting knowing so much about some of the first settlers in Maryland and finding out you are related to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your big finish is beautiful. It's such a pretty Sampler.
    Love the way you personalized it, very interesting info on your family.
    That little crab you added is too cute!
    It got very cold here, 9 degrees today, so the little snow we had a few days ago isn't going anywhere!
    So, I guess we will have a white Christmas!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sampler finish is a beauty, Stasi. I love your changes and the story that goes with those changes. What a wonderful ornament of goodies you have received to celebrate your birthday and Christmas. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lovely gifts, looks like you had a good birthday!
    A beautiful sampler and history of your family in our lovely Maryland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The history you have in the sampler is fantastic Stasi! So glad you like the scissor case. You received lovely presents!

    ReplyDelete