THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, December 19, 2022

A Little Hint......


 I participated in a Hands on Design event this fall and one of the projects was on 18 ct perforated paper. Since it is only available in white, Cathy shared a method to add some color using ink pads. I wanted the Lila's Studio sweaters  I stitched recently to be on something other than white. So I found some Tim Holtz distressed ink pads ----I didn't want bright colors---and they did the trick. I used an old stencil brush and rubbed it on in circles, but you could use a soft cloth, toothbrush, etc. to rub it on. Here is a photo showing the before and after.


You can make it as distressed as you like by adding more in certain areas. This idea just opened up a whole new world of choices for the perforated paper. Let me know if you give it a try!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Stasi: What a wonderful idea, I will have to try it.
    Thank-you for sharing.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks nice other than the whtie, tones it down a bit.
    Have fun with it!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip and how to, Stasi! Maybe down the road, the 18-count perforated paper will come in a few colors. A friend uses one of those sponge make up things to paint hers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I do have some in different colours and I think even a smaller count, but I would love to try that on the white ones I have. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete