THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, December 31, 2022

The Passing of 2022.....


......a time for reflection and anticipation......counting your blessings and preparing for the future. We were blessed with a sweet, and unexpected,  grand baby this past year and are preparing for a transition for my parents next year.

 I have been pondering  a strategy for my stitching next year. I see all the WIPGo's, exchanges, rotations and SAL's on FB and IG and I want to do it all!!! But my needlework is a stress reliever for me and these just start to make me feel overwhelmed. Sometimes I like a little structure and sometimes I like to fly by the seat of my pants. I'm just going to work on whatever I feel like at the time and not stress out about deadlines or time frames. What are your stitching plans/goals for 2023?

As for my recent stitching, I am working on a gift for a friend, so can't share at this time. However, I do have two stitchy related things to share. First is a shirt I found when I was visiting my daughter IN NC. Can you see why I bought it??


 

Next is my only surviving Lizzie Hi doll. I used to have quite a collection of these but they did not make the move to VA and wound up at Goodwill. You will see why I kept this one. 


 Funny story...I recently came across one of these, minus the basket, at a vintage store and picked it up for a friend for Christmas.

I wish each of you a happy, healthy and productive new year! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

4 comments:

  1. Cool shirt and I can definitely see why it had to come live at your house! The Lizzie High doll is darling and I can see why it made the journey to Virginia. I think you should stitch what you want as long as it makes you happy. I think some of these stitching activities on IG are good if they work for you, but not so much if it hampers your joy with needle and thread. It reminds me of the saying "keeping up with ______". Enjoy this last day of 2022, Stasi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can see why you bought the top, it's right up your street. I never make stitching plans, as my tastes change all the time. I have been worrying a bit recently as I haven't found anything that inspires me, but came across a little La-D-Da drum yesterday which will be small enough for a tree decoration, so that's on the cards as soon as I finish the current project. I usually only work on one thing at a time as otherwise I would have far too many UFO's. Wishing you a very happy 2023 with lots of stitching to blog about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm more of a fly by the seat of my pants gal.
    I pick up whatever calls to me.
    The shirt is awesome!
    Lizzie is too cute.
    Happy New Year Stasi!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to have a plan, but never seem to keep it together!
    That is a perfect cross stitching shirt, keep on stitching.
    I remember those cute little dolls, of course you had to keep that one!

    ReplyDelete