THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Christmas Rush is slowing down a bit......


 ......but will be kicking into full gear again soon. I'm enjoying this couple of days of peace while I can. I have been doing some stitching in the evening, but can't share as it's a gift. But I will share the baking I've been doing. I'm trying not to make too much, as we don't need to be indulging, but hey..it's Christmas!

On the left are some oatmeal raisin cookies right off the Quaker box. Esther helped with these and made them huge, so we didn't get too many from the batch. (Truth be told, we've been enjoying them the past few days). :) On the right are Citrus Glazed Oatmeal cookies. These have become Rich's favorites!

The one on the left here is a new to me recipe, Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. They are very rich so I cut them into small bite size squares. On the right is some Biscoff Cookie Fudge, made with Biscoff cookies and topped with a caramel sauce.

Today I'm going to make the pretzel rigs with the Hershey Kisses and M&Ms. They are one of my favorites! And that will probably be it. Hopefully our family will eat the bulk of it....the grands can afford the extra calories!

Last, but not least, I wanted to share  my birthday gift from Cora. It's perfect as a scissor fob on the scissors I use daily, though she said it was a key ring. I love the little card she included.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi
 


6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Stasi: I love seeing what people are baking for Christmas, I have to look up the Biscoff fudge recipe, sound so yummy.
    Nice gift from Cora, Happy Birthday

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog love your stitching and the food looks yummy .
    Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those treats look yummy!
    I am baking my last batch today.
    I need to go out & get a few thins before the big storm comes.
    I want to be all set in case we get snowed in!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. The goodies all look amazing. I would send them off with the grands following your gathering if it were me. What a lovely key ring Cora gave you! I like your idea of using it as a scissor fob. Beautiful card with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many delicious goodies! I'll be baking tomorrow, I hope they look as good as yours.
    Oh yes, a scissor fob for sure, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your baking looks delicious, Stasi! Those salted caramel chocolate chip bars look positively decadent. I really haven't baked this year as no one will be here. I do have some things I froze from my Thanksgiving baking so I'll just put out a small plate for us to graze on through the weekend. I am hoping this Christmas I don't actually gain a few pounds :)

    ReplyDelete