THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, December 29, 2022

And It's Over.......


 I am tired but content. It was a good Christmas and everyone is now home safe and sound. We had brought my parents down from Baltimore for four days and my younger daughter's family drove up from NC. We had a full house for three days with my local daughter's family joining in. We ate, we laughed, we played games and got lots of cuddle time with the baby. My older daughter created some fun games based on the show "A Minute to Win It". Here are Rich and I trying to build a tree shape from solo cups with one hand......I won!!!  LOL

 Now I am trying to put my house back in order, catch up on laundry and hopefully...put a needle to fabric.

I wanted to post some special gifts I received. First up is from my blogging pal, Carol.....a lovely redwork ornament and sweet fob kit. Thanks so much Carol...a treasure to be sure!

 

Next was from my younger daughter....A PhotoShare frame....they can send us photos over the internet that are automatically downloaded and create a slideshow. How cool is that!!!
 


My older daughter, who has the knack for finding the perfect gift, gave me this 'stone art' piece from a local artist. It is called "This is Us"...one of my favorite TV shows...and represents my five grandchildren!!!

 

 This is one I had bought for myself called Festive Trees. She had a moment of panic when she heard I had bought one for myself, but luckily it was the same one she got. Whew!!!!

I didn't get much stitching in over the last week, but managed to finish the embroidery Advent calendar piece form Pick and Stitch last evening. This was fun to do though I wasn't able to keep up on a daily basis. I stitched this on a vintage green napkin with Sulky #12 thread. Now to find a nice 7" round frame or hoop.

I will close with a photo of my grands...they are growing so!!! I hope to be back soon!

 

 Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship! I am off to chill!!!

Stasi


 

6 comments:

  1. Oh I enjoyed this post very much Stasi! The gifts from Carol are lovely. What a neat present, the frame from your daughter. And the stones!! :) The embroidery turned out cute. YOUR GRANDS!! :) :) :) What does the banner behind James say? I cannot figure it out. You are so cute chillin'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you are going to need that chill shirt in the last photo by tomorrow afternoon, Stasi. LOL It sounded like you had a wonderful Christmas with family. Love the picture of the grands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stasi: What a fun time you all must have had, we also play games, it makes the time together so much fun.
    Beautiful photo of your Grandchildren, you are truly Blessed.
    I am looking forward to seeing what you will be stitching on.
    Nice gifts from carol, love the Let's Chill shirt, looks warm.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading about your Christmas, Stasi... I'm sure you are tired, but it's so worth it to have everyone there together. I am shocked--just shocked at how big those two boys have grown! They look like giants next to wee Jax :)

    I so love the stone art--especially the one representing your grandchildren. And your embroidery finish is lovely. Good luck with getting the house put back in order. I'm almost done putting Christmas away for another year--just have to dismantle my tree which will probably wait until January 1. Happy New Year ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a wonderful, fun Christmas.
    The stone art is awesome.
    Oh my, the GK's have really grown!
    What a great looking family.
    Love the tunic!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete