THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Some Salty Stash Enhancement.....


 I'm sharing my Super Bowl Sale purchases from Salty Yarns today. I didn't do any stitching yesterday.....I was tired last evening..will tell you why further down.

First, I got a few pieces of fabric and a mesh bag to stitch Shepherd's Bush Queen Bee Bag on. I already have the chart.


 

Queen Bee Bag

Then some charts and and a small Roloframe set....I have never used these before and thought the small one would be good for banding.


 Overall, I was pretty restrained, but we get a nice discount and I like to support what I consider my LNS! Tomorrow I'll share my antiquing finds....

So, why was I so tired last night? Well, my grandson had a basketball game; they are in the play offs. It was against a team that demolished them last time they played. Our guys were down 12 points after the first quarter , so it wasn't looking good. But they came back with a vengeance and wound up winning the game by one point in overtime!!! I was so hepped up I couldn't sit still..it was back and forth and back and forth until the very end. One of our second string players was brought in to play in overtime....and he was fouled and made the basket that took them up the final point to win!!! It was an exciting game but definitely a nail biter!!! We have another tonight..hopefully I make it out with bloody finger tips! LOL

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

6 comments:

  1. So many goodies, Stasi! I think the bee design will look wonderful on the mesh bag. How many strands of floss do you use when you stitch something like that? And what an exciting game for your grandson! No wonder you couldn't sleep :) Hope their winning streak continues ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Queen Bee chart is so sweet, I think I need a bee collection. Hope the game gose well this evening and your fingers are in tacked afterwards......how else are you going to stitch!! Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stitched one of the Redwork pears from Annie. :) The Queen Bee pattern and bag is perfect for you! Enjoy the game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stash!
    That bag fits you perfectly. :)
    Congrats to your Grandson's team, I hope they win tonight.
    Good luck to them.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful assortment of stash additions, Stasi! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Rola-frame. How exciting for your grandson's basketball team to beat the team that beat them earlier! Hope tonight's game goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am doing the Queen Bee bag in Olive too, didn't like the Misty color. Are you using the called for colors on it? I didn't have them all so was going to stitch from stash.

    ReplyDelete