THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

A New Month....Already......


 Wow...one month into 2023...time is flying by way too fast! I decided to fold and get the Needlework Press Book of Days for this year. It's one more thing to try to do every day, but it's keeping me on my toes with my stitching and I DO love playing with all the stickers. Here is my January:

I have been keeping track of my stitching, in various forms, since 1997 and thought I'd give this method a whirl--we shall see if it continues.

I'm taking part in Winter Cross Stitch Camp hosted by Sherri at Colorado Stitcher. We post today what our project is and stitch on it during the month of February. The theme is 'something to add to a collection' so I'm doing a Christmas dough bowl filler that I may also count as my monthly ornament for #12in23ornamentstitchalong...win-win!!!   I chose Be Merry by Mojo Stitches. I'm hoping to also do Be Bright and make the piece two sided.

Be Merry: PDF chart for cross-stitch and embroidery
 
 I think I am finally  done with all the stitching for the Sailor's Valentine. I added the song quote I wanted to the banding. Anyone recognize it? You might have to enlarge!!! :)   My goal is to have this FFO'd by Valentine's Day for Rich. Let's see how this finishing goes as it will involve some "winging it" on my part.


Looks like another rainy, dreary day here..so let the finishing begin...after I brew a nice cuppa!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

 

5 comments:

  1. Stasi - Just love your Valentine dedication
    to Rich...heartwarming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book looks great.
    Merry is going to be so pretty.
    The Seekers!
    Funny, I just watched a video of that song!
    She has such a great voice.
    It's been sunny here, but bitter cold.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything about this post. Your calendar looks great. Love the letters OCMD on it. The song quote on the banding is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like your choice for the camp project! I need to check out Be Bright (I can't remember if I have seen that one or not). I am using the book of days; a friend sent it to me along with two books of stickers. I'm not much with stickers unless I am writing letters/notes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the project you have chosen for Winter Camp Stasi, it will look great in your bowl. I keep track of my daily stitching in an 18 month journal that I started last year and then have an Excel spreadsheet that gives me a quick visual of my wips and finishes by the month. I can then see at a glance any projects that are in need of some love,,,,,,not that I have many wips on the go! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete