THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

A Little House Building.....



 I had planned to get some finishing done yesterday, but Cora had spent the night and asked me to take her to see Titanic. It was 3 hours 14 minutes long, so that was my afternoon. It is the 25th anniversary of the movie and it was as intense this time as the first time I saw it...plus it was in 3D! I couldn't believe it was $13 each for tickets and $6.99 for a small Pepsi Icee!!! I'm not sure how families can afford to go anymore!

I did a little roofing and window framing lat night on Winter Comes.

 

 Hoping to get to some finishing today! Thanks for stoppng by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

6 comments:

  1. House construction is looking good, Stasi. I can't get over it has been 25 years since the movie, Titanic, was released. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stasi: Our favorite movie is Titanic, so sad so many lives were lost because of a simple mistake, its a shame that it is so expensive to go to the movies and here popcorn for a small box with butter is 5.00, we stay home now and buy off the satellite the movies we want to see and popcorn and soda are almost free.
    I totally love this design.
    Nice progress.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you and Cora had a fun time at the movie. I know what you are talking about. Movies are VERY expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure Cora enjoyed & appreciated that you took her to see Titanic.
    I think maybe theaters are so expensive now because a good majority of people stay home to watch movies. I suppose that's their way of making money, to charge more.
    The house is looking good.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often say the very same thing about prices now, Stasi: "I just don't know how young families get by these days!" It's so hard... My son and DIL are looking for a house in the DC suburbs and finding it almost impossible to find one they can afford that is even on the market. Very tough... I can't tell you when the last time was that I was in a movie theater--ha ha! Glad you enjoyed a special time with Cora :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ouse building is going great Stasi!
    I do love that film, although I've never seen it at the cinema, only on the TV/DVD. I was lucky enough to go the an exhibition at the navel school in Greenwich, many years ago. .All the china and glassware etc and it was so very moving seeing peoples personal belongings, things like hair brushes and leather wallets and shoes. It was amazing how good a condition some things were still in after all that time under water. Also, the great uncle of a chap I worked with at the bank was a waiter on board. Sadly he didn't survive.

    ReplyDelete