THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Some Finishing........697-699

 

I was able to get some finishing done yesterday and try a couple new to me products. 

First up is a pair of Christmas pillowettes: Be Merry and Be Bright by Mojo Stitches. Both were stitched on a 28 ct mystery linen with a mix of CC, GAST and WDW fibers. I trimmed with some Mossy chenille from Lady Dot Creates.


Backing fabric
These are what I used the new products on. A friend gave me some stuffing to try and I love it. It gives a nice firm feel to the piece. It's a 100% cotton stuffing and can be found at quilting shops called Sweet Dreams.
 
 

This same friend gifted me some glue....I know, I know..... that she said Merry Cox is using now. I figured if it was good enough for Merry, it was good enough for me. I used it to attach the trim and it worked like a charm!


 

The next little finish is Tomato Row by October House Fiber Arts. This was in my retreat box from Violets and Verses. I stitched it on 37 ct. Legacy Corn Tassel with VMS fibers.

I had the perfect backing fabric in my stash


 I worked a bit more on Winter Comes...it seems to be my only way to enjoy winter this year! LOL  I had to use a flash since it's dreary here this morning. It's hard to tell but the windows have little candles that are "glowing".


 I have a busy weekend ahead and may be MIA for a few days. I hope you all have a great finish to the month of February. Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi


 

8 comments:

  1. Be Bright and Be Merry are both lovely finishes, Stasi. Interesting new products you tried out especially the glue. I am guessing it dries clear. Your tomato finish is darling and the backing fabric is perfect. Awesome progress on Winter Comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry and Bright are so cute! So is the tomato row. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stasi: Merry and Bright are lovey pillows with perfect coordinating fabric.
    Nice progress on Winter Comes, I really like the Tomato Row so adorable,. I have used liquid stitch and love it, thank-you for the information on the 100% cotton stuffing.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cotton stuffing looks interesting, I wonder if I can find it over here. Love your latest finishes, you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice finishes.
    Love that Tomato Row & the backing fabric is perfect!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three of your finishes are so darling, Stasi! I'm glad that you found a fill that you really like, too. It really does make a difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitching and that fabric on the back of Tomato Row is to die for, it's just perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Be Merry and Be Bright pillows are so cute! Love the backing fabric on the tomato pillow! I haven't been able to bring myself to use glue on my pillows yet. I just finished a pillow for the shop. I came close to using glue; but in the end, I couldn't do it. HaHa!

    ReplyDelete