THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, February 17, 2023

A B C........696

 

I finished up the alphabet for my Sampler in a Jar last night. This idea was from Lori Holt and I thought it would be fun to do a few buttons at a time with motifs and such. I decided to work on the alphabet last weekend using a different font for each letter. I got the majority of the alphabets from the book Minuscales & Majuscules by Valerie Lejeune. I believe it is out of print, but a wonderful resource if you stumble across a copy.


 Here are the last of the letter:

Here is the whole alphabet:


 Here are the motifs so far:

 

Here is the jar where they reside...gifted to me by my friend, Lisa:

 

Gotta run....my brother and SIL arrive today for the weekend and have some tidying to do. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
 

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

 

4 comments:

  1. Stasi, well done on getting your alphabet buttons finished! Again, thank you for the book information. Enjoy your visit with your brother and sister in law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing the entire alphabet, Stasi! This is such a cute idea and I love the motifs that you've already added, too. I'm sure each one has a special meaning for you! Enjoy your time with your brother and sister-in-law ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great book.
    It's a cute collection.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea and your buttons are so cute. The lid on your jar is just darling too! I think I saw that Brenda (Brenda and the serial starter) was also doing a jar but hers were in red.

    ReplyDelete