THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Happy Valentine's Day

 

I am home from my whirlwind trip to OCMD. The new shop is fabulous (see previous post) and I stumbled across items I had never seen before because there is so much open space to display all the goodies. I will post my stash enhancement soon. We stitched, we shared, we ate, we slept...then we started all over again.  There were three groups totaling 11 ladies that stayed in apartments at the Lankford and we had a potluck dinner with all of them Saturday night. It was heavenly!!!

Here are the gifts I made for my roomies and Sara and Sally.

I bought the boards at Hobby Lobby and stitched the conversation hearts on 14 ct white perforated paper with DMC. The chart was from FUDAstitch on Etsy. 

While in OC, I was working on a set of alphabet buttons for my Sampler in a Jar. I got A-G done the first day and H-O done the next day, P and Q are stitched but not made into buttons yet.

I am doing these on scraps of leftover linen, over one, a different font for each letter.  

 My jar is filling....slowly......



Sending you some 💗 for Valentine's Day! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

6 comments:

  1. Your buttons look fabulous, Stasi! Where are you get the alphabets from? What lovely gift you gave! Wishing you a lovely Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your button jar!! That is a great way to display your alphabet of different fonts, Stasi! And what nice gifts for your friends--sounds like a great group you have there in Ocean City!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a great time Stasi, it sounded wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day! I love those conversation hearts. I have added them to my Valentine Ideas folder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun Stasi. Can't wait to see the new shop in person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a fun time.
    That button jar is awesome with the Bees on top!
    Happy Valentines.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete