THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Bees Galore......(176)

Yesterday's Honey Bee Festival was a lot of fun! I wasn't sure what to expect but we were very pleasantly surprised. They had a number of working hives, info on pollinating plants, a honey extraction demo and lots of cute bee crafts! Our grand kiddies made pipe cleaner bees (I am the proud recipient of one), could have their face painted and earned a free honey straw for getting a checklist stamped. I even got to chew some fresh honeycomb and "pet" a drone bee (drones don't have stingers) !!!




Everyone was getting into "bees"

 On to my Stroll piece. This is a piece called The Sampling, by Bent Creek stitched, in 1999. It was originally a LE kit that came in a hand painted papier mache "house".... I know I have the box somewhere but can't put my fingers on it. I love small pieces in wide frames--- do you?


 I stitched week 10 of the Blue Band SAL last evening and am up to date.


Hoping for a relaxing Sunday for us and for you. Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

3 comments:

  1. What a fun outing you had, Stasi! Your stroll piece is darling. Way to go on getting the next band stitched on your SAL piece. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a good time at the bee festival Stasi. I love your stroll piece. I do like small piece in wide frames...looks lovely. And great going with stitching your SAL piece. Hope the rest of your weekend is a good one. RJ @ stitching friends forever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hands on fun time with the grandkids, what could be better than that! I love small stitches with wide frames too...great progress on your band. Have a great week. Mary

    ReplyDelete