THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Sunday, June 12, 2022

Pondering, Debating and Stitching.......(647)

 Wow, it has been over two months since my last post and life has given us a wonderful gift!!!  We have a new grandson, who was totally unexpected, and  born on Easter Sunday. Long story short...my daughter and SIL have been on an adoption list for over 1 1/2 years with no bites. On her way home to NC from our house Easter Monday, my daughter got a call that a baby had been born prematurely in Knoxville TN and the mother was interested in them as the adoptive parents. They left Tuesday for Knoxville and fell in love at first sight.. He was in NICU for 10 days....healthy but tiny and not eating much. We drove to TN that Saturday for support and to meet our sweet little grandbaby, Jax. All is well and Jax is thriving with the best pair of parents at the helm. 

The formula shortage put a little crimp in things....Rich and I went to 14 different stores here in town searching for his special formula but to no avail. A few days later we scored 7 cans between a couple rural Food Lions!!!

Here he is...all 4 lbs 10oz at the time!!!

 

Now, on to the pondering and debating.....I've been trying to decide whether to continue with my blog, or not..and have reached a decision...st least temporarily. When I started this blog back on January 1, 2012, I wanted to use it as a diary of sorts to keep track of my stitching. Here is what I wrote that day:

"Another goal was to start a blog to record my stitching projects, progress, finishing, woes etc.....and maybe a little of my "other" life as well. Someone once told me a blog was a good way to document your life, as an on line diary of sorts for your children/grandchildren. I am entering my 60th year.....and NO....I can't be that old...and YES....my mind wanders and forgets things. So hopefully, this will keep a record of sorts for me."
 
I am now into my 70th year..and man, time is flying by!!! That results in  more time between posts and then it's a chore to gather all the photos, info, etc. The posts start to get fairly long  and readers probably tend to get bored by the end of them. So, since I'd still like to document my stitching journey, even if just for me,  I am going to try to attempt short posts on a daily/semi daily schedule....a la Amy Wilson of Thread in Hand. If you are not familiar with Amy, she passed away recently after years of fighting cancer but was an avid stitcher and posted on an almost daily basis throughout all her challenges. I admire her bravery and determination and was lucky enough to have known her. Please check out her blog pots if you want inspiration!!! 
 
Anyway, we'll see how this goes and if it's easier for me to stay on track....free and easy like Sunday mornings! :) I hope you will stick with me for the duration.
 
So today I want to share my latest stitch finish...yet to be FFO'd. I joined the Colorado Stitcher Summer Camp...you can read about it here...Summer Cross Stitch Camp 2022. There is a theme for each of the summer months and you can participate, or not, in each one. You can choose as big, or little, a project as you'd like and be entered to win a prize if you complete your choice. June's theme was to stitch something with a holiday theme. I chose A Merry Little Christmas by Stitching with the Housewives. I stitched it over one on 28 ct. Crystal Glacier by PTP with an Anchor floss conversion from the called for DMC. I also stitched the freebie design Sheri offered and attached it to a cute project bag a friend made for me. 
 
 
 
 

 
The same friend who made me the project bag, also gifted me this adorable needle minder and scissor fob. Thanks so much, Lisa!!!

 
I will now be stitchin' in style when July rolls around....not too soon I hope!

That's it for today...hopefully back for a quick visit tomorrow. Take care and thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!
Stasi 

P.S. If you wonder what the numbers in my header mean, here;s the back story on that. In 2017 I decided to post one of my finished projects every day, starting with the  number 1, and see how far I could get. Well, I posted one every day for that whole year and have continued to post as I complete new projects. I am now up to 647 and going strong!!! Sadly there are also many I didn't document, gave away as gifts and therefore have no photo/record. It has been a long and fruitful journey that I hope will continue for as long as I can see and hold a a needle.


10 comments:

  1. How exciting to have a new unexpected grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back and looking forward to more frequent postings. So happy that you welcomed Jax into the family.

    Kelly E (since I can only post anonymously)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stasi, please do continue to blog, there aren't that many left and as I don't do the other sites like Facebook and Instagram, blogs are the only way I find out what everyone else is doing. It was my 71st yesterday, so I know exactly how you feel, the weeks just fly by. I am making a serious to do list, of all the lovely charts I have that MUST be done before I go completely of my rocker. The new baby is gorgeous - so tiny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Stasi you should just do what makes you happy. Embroidery is your passion and how you decide to share that is entirely your decision. You are certainly one of the post gifted and prolific Needlewomen I know and also have always been very generous in sharing it with us.
    Baby Jax is a beautiful boy and could not have picked a better Family if he did it himself. Looking forward to your new adventure
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby Jax is sooooo cute!
    I'm glad you are keeping your blog. :)
    So sad about Amy, I will truly miss her, I read her blog everyday.
    She had such interesting projects.
    Heaven has gained the best stitcher ever!
    That's a cute finish, & love the fob and needle minder.
    Marilyn
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Stasi, like Amy, you are an inspiration to all stitchers and we welcome your contributions to the embroidery world, no matter how brief the message. xo, M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the family, precious Jax! How exciting to have another grandchild added to the group! I am glad you are continuing with your blog journal. If I hadn't stumbled upon your blog, who knows if we would have met. Your first camp project is amazing; love it on the sparkly fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Jax is just precious and that is wonderful!!! Good for you continuing on with the blog. Do it as often as you want to Stasi. It cannot feel oppressive. I am glad you are here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you on your new grandson! Beautiful baby! I always enjoy reading your blog, and hope that you always do it your way. You have to enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet little bundle of boy! Oh, my--I can't imagine holding someone that tiny. I'm so very happy for all of you, Stasi. I know your daughter has wanted this forever. Glad you are still blogging. It is hard to get motivated to sit down (I know!!). I've just decided to do what I can and not worry about the how-often part of it. Give that sweet baby a hug! ♥

    ReplyDelete