THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, June 16, 2022

Hanging in There.....650

 


 

 It is pouring down rain, with thunder and lightening,  as I write this...totally NOT in the forecast...glad I didn't head out to walk this morning. Trying to get back into walking mode, which is hard for me in the heat of summer. But I got up early two days this week and got in a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood. 

By the time I got to sit down and stitch yesterday, I just felt like working on something easy. So, I pulled out The Gift of Peace Alphabet; this is a collaborative effort by Bent Creek and Heart in Hand. It debuted at a virtual retreat called Friendstitch back in 2020. They have another one scheduled this fall, if you are interested. Info should be coming out soon....it was a fun experience!!!

 

I also wanted to share a recent framed finish, Diligent, by Needlework Press. I stitched this on 46 ct Vintage Light Examplar by Lakeside linens with a conversion to VMS fibers. It was framed by Patti Nicolosi of By My Hand Needl'werks. Patti can be found on FB and does a fabulous job at a reasonable price. You send her your piece and she will message you different photos of your piece with a variety of frame mouldings to choose from. She has excellent taste and I have been very pleased with the outcome on several pieces.

There is an alphabet in the large open expanse, but the thread was close to the fabric color. I toyed with whether to keep it or not, and decided to go with it, It draws you in for a closer look!

 

Haircut scheduled today....thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi


5 comments:

  1. Your rain is supposed to head north later. You can keep it. Your framed piece looks fabulous. Lovely Friendstitch piece you are working on! And good for you on getting your walking in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a sweet finish and a lovely framed sampler too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Winter piece, & Dilligent is so pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making want to (almost) pull out “Diligent” from my stash and start…..but oh no! Can’t add to the WIP pile. Nice work on both pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are lovely, Stasi! I've heard great things about Patti Nicolosi, but I'm not on Facebook :(

    ReplyDelete