THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Button, Buttton, Who's Got the Button???



 I did get the buttons made and they are safely in their "jar". I'm just using tiny sampler motifs from different charts/books. For those interested, this was an idea Lori Holt presented in one of her floss tubes and she called it Sampler in a Jar.  I thought it was a fun idea and ordered a bunch of the button forms. You can see I am just in the beginning stage, but hopefully that jar will grow! 

Yes, those are bees on the top...a friend gifted me the jar!

I started a new project last night....and it too is a fun one....Park it Here Beach Party  by Noteworthy Needle. Don't you love the bright colors??? Not my usual palette, but they make me smile looking at them.


 I think I shared this stitching frame in a past blog post, but thought I'd share again. It was made from PVC piping by my hubby a few years ago. I had seen plans for one one Pinterest and it looked pretty straight forward. I think it cost under $10 and works great! I had to buy spare Q-Snap clamps, and it just sits on my lap, or could work on a table. I think this is the link to the one we used: PVC Stitch Frame   You can also buy one on Amazon for a reasonable price: PVC Stitch Frame .

 

 



Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship! Stay cool!!!!

Stasi

4 comments:

  1. Your buttons are adorable, Stasi. Are you going to keep them a single color? Your new start looks like it will be a fun stitch. Very cool looking Q-snap frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your buttons are too cute.
    That new project look so colorful & happy.
    that's a cool stitching frame, great idea.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stasi: Your buttons are beautiful.
    Your husband is a genius, great frame and stand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the frame that your husband made! I keep trying to get my husband to make me some frames--so far, I'm not having any luck! Have fun with those cute buttons :)

    ReplyDelete