THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

A Good Finishing Day........648-649

 

 

 

 I got a lot accomplished yesterday, so I'm going to get right to it.

First is A Merry Little Christmas by Stitching with the Housewives. This was my June project for Cross Stitch Camp with the Colorado Stitcher AND my June Ornament for the 2022 Ornament SAL on IG...trying to kill two birds with one stone, as they say! Sad to say, I am woefully behind on the ornament SAL...two months behind actually!!! I stitched this, over one, on 28 ct Crystal Glacier from PTP with an Anchor conversion from the called for DMC. I finished it in a crackle painted wood pincushion stand I got years ago...1999 to be exact! It fit perfectly...I wanted something plain since the piece itself is so busy!


Next is a recent class finish...I just had to do this one right away!!! In May Catherine Theron taught the Beekeeper's Miniature Sewing Box for our local Guild. It is only about 2" X 2"..so sweet and tiny. I made a few changes by adding a different bee on the top ( I used the one provided on my needle page) and adding a beaded edge to the top. The joining stitch looked too "messy" and this covered it up nicely. It's tough when joining two 'thicker' pieces together ...if anyone has a trick, please let me know. I also added the word "buzz" to the back of my scissor fob.

 

 



 

 

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful finishes! Especially the bee one. I want to start the Bird in Hand kit, but trying to finish a sampler. Always so much I want to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric choice for Merry Little Christmas. Your Beekeeper's Miniature Sewing Box is just wonderful Stasi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Christmas piece is so cute on the blue fabric.
    Love the beekeeper box, great job!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful finishes! Your box project turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous finishes. You have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty finishes--love the blue fabric and the box is stunning!

    ReplyDelete