THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Stitch Stroll cotinues...... (60)

Wow--March 1st, can you believe it? We're two months into the winter of 2017 and expecting 80 degree weather today here in Richmond. So, I'm focusing on a winter piece today and tomorrow, Gathering for Winter by Betsy Morgan. This was a class I took in 2013 at Salty Yarns. Yes, that's my "go to" place for classes...tough to beat a needlework retreat and a beach front view!!! Today, I have the etui.

Front

Back

The lovely hand turned acorn is from Sylvan Treasures and was included with the class. I forgot to take a photo of the interior, but the cylinder is lined with a lovely shade of orange. My favorite colors of autumn are highlighted. If you've never taken a lass from Betsy, you need to. She is a great instructor and teaches wonderful methods of joining, cording and tassel making. You will be seeing a number of her class pieces as I move through my "stroll". Smalls fro this piece will be in tomorrow's post.

I managed to get another small stitched for the Beekeeper's Cottage, the Forget me not Scissor Fob.  I put my hubby and my initials on the back side.


 Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this etui! I can just feel that acorn. :D
    Cannot believe you will have 80ยบ! We are having snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stitching is done, now I need to finish "finish" my Gathering for Winter Etui!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that tiny acorn! It just gets me. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this piece! Acorns galore - so many different styles! Guessing my delight in acorns stems from their meaning fall is here (yay). Beautiful work - such a fun piece!

    ReplyDelete