THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Bunny Repose (70)

This was a little freebie from The Workbasket back in 1999. It's another of the Ornament of the Month Club pieces I did for Twisted Threads and is called Bunny Repose.  I can't remember how I "changed it up" exactly, but I know I added the pink bow and silver "arch" embellishment at the top of the vines, and used different fabric and fibers.

I finished the pocket for The Quaker Sewing Case last night. Now today, I have to figure out the lining. The outside bargello piece was done on 25 count Dublin linen; the inside on 32 count Desert Sand. So I may have to adjust the perimeter stitching (needed for joining) to match the size of the outside piece---fingers crossed. Hopefully I'll have a positive result to report tomorrow.


And speaking of tomorrow, I'm planning on traveling up to see the Woodlawn Needlework Show. Hubby has graciously offered to drive me up; I was going to get myself there because I figured he'd be bored, but he assured me he doesn't mind and we can even stop by In Stitches! What a guy!!!   

Today, I have a field trip planned to JoAnn's with my daughter and granddaughter. She's wanting to learn to sew and we're picking out fabric to make matching outfits for her and her American Girl doll.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi


3 comments:

  1. What a sweet, little bunny!♥ Your weekend sounds really perfect Stasti. Have a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet bunny you created, Stasi! Enjoy your field trip to Joann's with your daughter and granddaughter! Have a fabulous journey tomorrow to Woodlawn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Husband drove you to Woodlawn? Happily? And *suggested* a stop at In Stitches? What a guy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete