THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Santa is Ready for Cookies..........

 

 

This past Saturday morning I zoomed in on the DVHSG meeting. Linda from Erica Michaels graciously invited us into her studio where she shared her antique samplers and other needlework collectibles. What eye candy!!! It was a delightful visit! I so love her designs, especially the strawberries!

Saturday afternoon, I went to the RVA Stitchers get together. There were two new ladies who were very nice. Of course they had gadgets we had not seen, so some Amazon shopping was in order. Here is a great collapsible stand (cook book holder) to hold your charts. It folds flat and doesn't weigh much--great for traveling. And the price was right..only $8.99.

 


The I had a great visit with my friend, Lisa, the other day. We stitched, we chatted, we ate and we shared. Lisa had traveled to Ireland in May and brought me back some lovely gifts. She said she never found a "needlework" shop to speak of, but kept stumbling across stitchy related goodness. Here is what she generously gifted me:


Cute pins on the left and German needles on the right

An adorable sewing themed mug and beautiful Irish bowl (perfect for orts) ....the shamrock bag was filled with lavender and made from Belfast linen


 I was so tickled with everything!!! 

 

Well, our little Santa is done and ready to be mounted on his final resting spot. The little pocket for the 'reindeer' food is also set to be added.

 


I have a PT session this morning, then stitching planned for the afternoon...too hot to do anything else.....at least that is a great excuse not to do anything else!!! LOL

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun meeting, I love her designs.
    I have many Strawberries stitched, now I need to set a day aside to finish them.
    What cute gifts you received!
    Santa turned out so cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you, what fun! And that's what stitching friends are for, enabling!
    What thoughtful gifts you received, it's always nice to be thought of.
    Your Santa is adorable.

    ReplyDelete