THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Back in My Own Bed......

 

Our grand sitting gig is over and we are home after a week of ferrying back and forth between our house and my daughters. Luckily, they are only 5 minutes away! We had a quiet week.... too hot to do much of anything outdoors.  

I did manage to get quite a bit of stitching accomplished in the evenings as everyone watched TV. I worked a bit on Jax's birth sampler. 

I just have the bottom saying to do and fill in around it, then finish the border.

Then I started the next in the Polar Plunge series, Puffin Party, by Hands on Design. Stitching this on the same 32 ct. mystery linen as the other three with DMC.
 

 

Lastly, I signed up for a fall exchange and chose this piece.....Bittersweet September by Blackbird designs. This was a kit, fabric is 32 ct Korty's Special Blend by R&R. Fibers are GAST.

 

My friend, Lisa, came over Monday for a day of stitching and catching up. We try to get together at least once a month, but life has gotten in the way since early March. I will share the sweet gifts she brought me from Ireland on my next post. 

On  personal note, I did something to my left knee while walking two weeks ago. Went to a walk in ortho clinic and was prescribed 6 weeks of PT. It is so much better....I could hardly put any weight on it for a few days... I am doing exercises daily to strengthen it. I need it to be in tip-top shape for our Canadian Rockies trip in September. 

I hope you are doing well and dealing with the heat. If you aren't dealing with summer heat, I am jealous...lucky you!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi
 


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to read the PT is helping your knee, Stasi. Those daily exercises definitely make a difference even though they are a pain. September isn't far away so I hope you've completely healed by then.

    Glad you were able to get some stitching done while you were on grandkid duty! I don't seem to be able to get even a stitch in when we're visiting our grandson as he no longer naps and by the time he goes to bed, I can barely keep my eyes open :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So close to finishing the sampler, and the Puffins already look adorable.
    That will be a lovely exchange piece, they are fun to participate in.
    It's always a nice time getting together with friends, especially the stitching ones!
    At least you have time for your knee to be better by your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to get together with your friend! You are definitely keeping your needle busy during this heat wave. Glad that the PT is helping with your knee.

    ReplyDelete