THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, July 8, 2023

A Mouse in the House...oops....I Mean the Car.....


 We went to Maryland for the fourth of July holiday.....it was a nice time except for......a mouse in our car!!!!! I had a small bag of almonds in my car door to snack on. As we were leaving for our trip I noticed they were all gone. I assumed my granddaughter had eaten them and promptly went and filled a new bag for our trip. I enjoyed some on the way, but left an almost full bag in the car...evidently not zipped shut. 
The next afternoon I noticed the bag only had 1 almond left in it. Again, I assumed my Mom might have knocked them out of the car that morning and forgot to tell me. I called both my Mom and Cora and both said they had not eaten/spilt any almonds.  I then jumped to the conclusion that Rich was pranking me; he vehemently denied it. My brother and SIL thought I was going "nuts" or I was pranking them. Basically they didn't believe me! So we started thinking 'critter'....a mystery to be solved. We left the bag with 1 almond and five animal crackers on the floor. When we checked back, only 2 animal crackers were left and teeth marks were in the bag. Voila!!! We tore the car apart and didn't see any mouse activity , except for three almonds under the mat in the back of the car. We set a trap that night....I was fearful of driving home down I95 and having the mouse run across our foot and cause an accident. Luckily we caught it....I sure hope there is not another!!!  I can't fathom what one little mouse did with all those almonds; there were probably a hundred or more in the bag. I fear they are stashed in the body of my car somewhere and will attract more critters. I am on the alert!!!!

 On to stitching....I've been working on my Santa for the Christmas cookie mat by JBW Designs. He just needs some legs!!!


 We came back from MD on Wednesday and are watching three of the grands and their dog until next Wednesday. Asher has a baseball tournament in Atlanta and his parents took him. We are back and forth between my house and theirs..... so far, so good. 

I'm planning on doing the Zoom meeting for the DVHSG this morning. We are getting a tour of Linda's, from Erica Michaels', studio. Then I plan to go to the RVA Sticthers group for the first time since the fall... so looking forward to it.

Hoping you all have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship.

Stasi

 


5 comments:

  1. Okay Stasi, here is my pearl of wisdom for food -- you are either going to have to put it in a sturdier container or remove the bag of nuts every time. Or leave a trap in the car all the time. Mice are persistent critters. Santa is looking good. I hope you have an enjoyable Zoom presentation and then RVA stitch time. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeeeewwwwwww!
    That happened to me once.
    I always have a box of kleenex in my car.
    I noticed snibbles here & there, and assumed it was just fallout from the machine that packed it in the box.
    Wellllll, I stopped for groceries & opened my trunk,& there was all of the kleenex, packed in corners for nests!
    We put a trap with a peanut butter cracker in my car overnight, & that did it.
    Then I had to clean my car out!
    Santa is too cute!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. This is really grossing me out. I would NOT like this at all!! I can't believe you cannot find all of those almonds! You must have a hole somewhere?? Santa is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no! We've had mice in our house, but never in the car. So glad you were able to finally track down the little devil! One of our most memorable mouse stories involved some Easter candy that I had hidden in our laundry room closet when the boys were young. I honestly forgot about it for a long time--probably over six months went by and I noticed little colored pieces of foil piled up in the hood of one of my jackets that I rarely wear. He sure had a feast on those chocolate eggs!

    Love your Santa--even with no legs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, I hope it was just the one and they didn't have their family with them! At least he had good taste!
    Santa is coming along, he needs his legs so he can exercise and not grow too much.

    ReplyDelete