THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, July 14, 2023

A Tiny Finish and a Santa FFO......711


 Wow, it is almost the middle of July already....I feel like the month just started! We're in for a rainy day today, so after a few errands, it'll be time to stitch and, hopefully, finish up Jax's birth sampler. I just have to fill in around the words and add the border across the bottom. I have already mailed the chart to my friend, who has been patiently waiting for it

 

 

Here is my completed 'Christmas Eve' mat...already for cookies, a carrot and a note to Santa. This is Jolly Old St. Nicholas by JBW Designs and was stitched on a 32 ct. mystery linen with the called for GAST colors. I had made one of these years ago for my older grands and saved the extra place mat....now Jax will have one.
 

 

Lastly, I have a tiny finish that will become a necklace. This is a little kit called Milady's Quaker Pendants II by Milady's Needle. There are 4 designs to pick from and the fabric, fibers and glass pendant came in the kit. It was stitched, over one, on 36 ct. Luna fabric from Lakeside linens with Vikki Clayton silk, Old Maid of the Forest.

 

It's Friday...yippee!!! Wishing you a relaxing weekend with plenty of stitchy time! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendstitch.

Stasi


4 comments:

  1. I just love the way you made the cookie mat for Santa, Stasi! I may have to steal that idea and make one for Mister B :) Love that you added the carrot holder for the reindeer, too! Have a wonderful weekend--enjoy your rain. We need it badly here once again. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Santa mat turned out so very cute,
    Love Milady's needle designs, but I don't see many from her anymore. :(
    We finally had rain! YAY!
    It rained almost all day on Wednesday, & some more last night.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your teeny Quaker finish is a beauty, Stasi. Well done on completing the Santa mat! It is adorable. I have taken mom home so I am now playing catch up on my blog reading. Happy Sunday, Stasi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mat turned out beautifully! I love the carrot holder too!
    I'm looking forward to seeing your little stitch in a necklace.

    ReplyDelete