THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

A Whole Lotta Stitching Going On......


 Between the heat and my knee, I've been getting quite a bit of stitching accomplished. I try to run out in the AM to do my errands and then home to the A/C. I feel so bad for workers who have to be in this heat to do their job....I don't know how they do it!

I finished hte stitching fo my exchange piece in the fall.....Bittersweet September by Blackbird Designs...this will be hard to give away! This chart was printed on both sides of one sheet of paper---Yuck!!! This made for an error on my part and that border on the right side wound up being too far over. Of course I didn't puck up on it until I went to 'join' the border. It took me quite while to figure out where I went wrong and I was NOT going to take all that stitching out. So I finagled!!! Another save!!! I hope this isn't going to become a regular occurrence!


 I worked a bit more on Puffin Party by Hands on Design.


And then I started a new project.....Mary Briggs 1806 by Erica Michaels. I love alphabets and the saying on this particularly appealed to me...." The greatest thing in the world is the alphabet, as all wisdom is contained therein". Linda provides two charts here...one is a reproduction of the original piece (which doesn't include this verse); the other is an adaptation, with the verse, which is the version I am stitching. I have a specific finish in mind for this and needed it to be under 4" when complete. So, I am stitching it, over one, on 46 count Wild Birdseed Legacy linen. Wish me luck!!!


Hope you are staying cool! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi



5 comments:

  1. LOL Now I have that Elvis song in my head.....whole lotta shakin' goin' on!
    Bittersweet looks great.
    Gotta love those Penguins.
    Can't wait to see more of the Erica Michael's project.
    I love her designs.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your exchange piece finish looks lovely, Stasi. Hmm, I think the heat has gotten to you with stitching over one on 46-count. LOL The penguins are looking good. Stay cool and keep hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes--over one on 46 ct.?!?! Do you use the tent stitch? Your exchange piece looks lovely--I would never have known you had to finagle the border. We haven't had your extreme heat, thankfully. It was only 63 here this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, we seem to be getting payback for all that we have done to the world and now it's fighting back. I don't know how you are coping with the high temperatures, we have been lucky in a way, and had a much cooler summer so far this year.

    It's so frustrating when you get to the end and find a mistake but I'm pleased to managed to 'save' it. And those Penguins are so,so cute! Happy Stitching! Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great exchange piece! I'd have fudged it too, keep that frog away.
    Your Puffin Party is looking adorable.
    Oh wow, 46 count, I haven't tried that yet but you're off to a great start!
    Last week's weather was wonderful, even today was good, I've had enough of the heat.

    ReplyDelete