THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, July 1, 2023

A New Month and a Couple New Starts.......


 ....am I crazy ...or what??? I have so many projects going on and so many more I want to start. I have to admit that this is my favorite part of the needlework process...choosing a fabric...auditioning the fiber colors.....pondering a possible finish......and then.....putting that first stitch into a virgin piece of fabric! The possibilities excite me......I may have to join the "serial" starter club!!! LOL   Are you a multiple project stitcher or a one at a time?

So, I haven't actually put a stitch in on this one, but pulled everything together for my July Summer Camp piece with Colorado Stitcher. Our prompt this month is to stitch something that grows. I chose Jolly Old St. Nicholas by JBW Designs. My rationale is that Santa's belly grows, as does the carrot on the small pocket. It's being stitched on a piece of 32 ct. mystery linen with the called for GAST....my faves!!! This will be for Jax.

 

Then I started attaching the seam binding to the perforated paper folio project by Needlework Press. You need to do this before you stitch to be sure your "words" are in the correct place on the flaps. I subbed out the binding I received with the pattern (a very dark navy) with a green one. I got two pieces done and have three more flaps to go.

 

Today my daughter is taking us to see the new Indiana Jones movie, one of my favorite movie series. I hope you all have  a great weekend, especially if you are celebrating the 4th. Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship.

Stasi

4 comments:

  1. Great choice on the Santa for your camp piece, Stasi! Well done on getting the binding attached or at least getting started on it. Where did you purchase your perforated paper portfolio? I saw them shown before Market, but must have missed out what they are called and where to get them. Enjoy the Indiana Jones movie! Since I usually am stitching smalls, I typically am a one project at a time stitcher; however, I am bringing 2 WIPs into July that were bigger than my normal pieces. Have a wonderful weekend and Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want to stitch all the things, but, I limit myself.
    I don't want a pile of WIPS sitting around.
    But, like you, I like the process of kitting.
    That Santa will be so cute for Jax, & Perforated paper projects looks interesting.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, as long as it doesn't stress you out, I don't think it matters how many projects you have on the go. Me? I would be freaking out--really can't handle more than one large and one or two small at the same time :) Jax will love that ornament--enjoy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be a one at a time stitcher, waaay back when I first started. But now there's so much out there that I can't work on just one!
    Cute Santa, and I don't think I've seen that Needlework Press one before.

    ReplyDelete