THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, July 15, 2023

Gone Fishin'.....


 I finished up Jax's birth sampler last night. I left off the mermaid and added his birth info. Now don't laugh but......as I was filling in the bottom section I realized I had forgotten to put in his birth date. I couldn't bear the thought of frogging all the green. Luckily I hadn't stitched the border across the bottom and it fit there perfectly.....SAVE!!!! A stitcher's gotta do what a stitcher's gotta do!

So, here you have Good Things by Birds of a Feather. It's stitched on 40 ct Antique sampler linen by the Victorian Motto Shop with the called for GAST. 

This is a much sought after OOP design and  I knew a friend of mine had been searching for it for a long time. I saw someone post on an ISO page on FB and a couple people responded that they had it in their stash. I reached out to a lady who generously said she would gift me the chart. I realized after I got it that it would be the perfect birth sampler for Jax, as his Dad is a big fisherman and the saying at the bottom was perfect for their family's baby journey. I asked my friend if she minded if I stitched it first, then passed on to her. She was good with that ....thanks Ann....and the chart is making its way, as we speak, to her. Stitchers are really the BEST!

Hope you have a great Saturday! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. What a cute Birth Sampler, great job!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure you have created for Jax's birth sampler! I think you need to add the story of the chart to the back of it. Well done, Stasi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love where the birth date ended up, Stasi! A lucky save indeed! The whole thing is adorable and that is so sweet of the stitching community to help each other out with those older BOAF charts. Sure wish they would reprint all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like it was meant to be there, great save!
    It's always nice to receive a chart and pass it along, I try to do the same when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your finished birth sampler Stasi. No one will know you made a mistake because the date looks like it should be there and not out of place at all. Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete