THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, January 20, 2023

Sailing Away......690


 The Sailor's Valentine has been a much quicker stitch than anticipated; the design is only 3 X 3. I finished the fourth side last night. 

 

Now, I have to decide if I want to add a quote/saying on the banding that goes around these pieces (the original does not). I have something in mind, but it will depend on if it fits. 

As promised yesterday, I mounted the sweater piece on a snowflake that I painted red. I am so happy I can work on the perforated paper in the car, and not waste hours driving to and fro my destination. In my mind, a good reason for auto driven cars!!! LOL
 

 

I did have a near mishap yesterday....I plugged my hot glue gun in and it sparked and tripped a breaker. We turned the breaker back on and I re-plugged the gun. It sparked again in my hand. Turns out the wire at the base of the glue gun was literally hanging by a thread!!! I was very lucky not to have touched that!!!

I hope you all have a nice weekend doing what you love! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi


 

5 comments:

  1. Your sweater ornament is darling, Stasi. Sorry about the glue gun incident! Very happy you weren't jolted. The 4th side of Sailor's Valentine looks good. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your finish of the jumper on the snowflake, it's just perfect.! Happy Stitching!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realise that SV was that small, I bet it will look so cute when fully finished. I like how you have finished the little sweater, you are certainly on a roll this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweater looks great on the red snowflake.
    Glad you were not injured with the glue gun incident!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sweater ornament, Stasi! So glad you didn't touch that wire! I had a similar experience with my hair dryer out in CA when visiting my grandson a few years back. Very scary and it was totally fried!

    ReplyDelete