THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Moving Forward.....


 I have moved on after my debacle with my latest start and got back to work on the Sailor's Valentine. I have started the "ship" side and so far, so good.

 

I changed the wording from Martha's Vineyard to Ocean City, Maryland, since that's where my class was supposed to be. I had to take the "y" out since the mast of the ship came up in that space and fit with the other wording--I need to adjust.

I thought I'd show you what I meant about the charting for this project. I know it was charted out before all the new programs, but different symbols could have at least been used. So, there are leaves and flowers...all the same  symbol "x", but representing different colors. Then, when you look at the flower, the rows of x's are separated by a blank row of squares. You need to 'squish' the rows together, which makes a smaller flower than it appears. This is why my original stitch count was way bigger than it actually was! Bottom line, it was fortuitous I had a friend e-mail me a photo of her finished piece to refer to. Refer to previous post to see finished photo.


I FFO'd the gift for my friend and it is winging its way across the pond. I will share as soon as I know she has received it.

Here are a few more shots of my snowmen:





 

So, one of the reasons I like snowmen so much is due to my last name.....Buhrman=====Brrrman!!! Ruth Sparrow actually told me she named the Tall Guys chart, Brrrmen after me. LOL

That's it for today...laundry to be done...prep for my upcoming trip to OCMD, etc. I hope you're finding tome to relax and stitch!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi


 


5 comments:

  1. Love your snowmen displays, Stasi! Hmmm, I think that chart would be tossed into a bonfire. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll just have to admire your stitching, I don't think I'd have the patience for it!
    Maybe with all those cute snowmen, we'll actually get some?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do they make some charts so confusing?
    I think I would've given up.
    Love all the Snowmen, I too have a bunch.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that chart would be tough to stitch--not sure I'd have the patience! I love your snowmen, Stasi. I only put a few of mine out this year--just being lazy I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your snowmen!! As for the chart, that would go stright in the bin if it were mine. I have no patience for sorting something like that out. Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete